VEGAS UNCORK’D BY BON APPÉTIT FEATURES THE WORLD’S FINEST EPICUREAN TALENT AND CUISINE DURING FOUR-DAY FESTIVAL, APRIL 27-30
LAS VEGAS (Jan. 31, 2017) – Recognized as one of the country’s top food, wine and spirits festivals, Vegas Uncork’d by Bon Appétit returns April 27-30 with one-of-a-kind experiences and a world-class lineup of renowned celebrity chefs, master sommeliers and cutting-edge mixologists from Caesars Palace, The Cromwell, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, MGM Resorts International, The Palazzo and The Venetian Las Vegas. Presented by sponsor Chase Sapphire®, the 11th annual epicurean indulgence will continue its tradition of bringing the world’s most iconic chefs together including Alain Ducasse, Bobby Flay, Buddy Valastro, Charlie Palmer, Giada De Laurentiis, Gordon Ramsay, Guy Savoy, José Andrés, Julian Serrano, Shawn McClain, Michael Chow, Nobu Matsuhisa and Wolfgang Puck, among others.
Tickets are now available for purchase at vegasuncorked.com.
“When people are looking for a one-of-a-kind travel experience, Las Vegas always delivers and Vegas Uncork’d by Bon Appétit is a spectacular event that has secured our destination’s position as a leading culinary hot spot for over a decade,” said Cathy Tull, senior vice president of marketing for the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority. “This year we are excited to welcome additional resorts, restaurants and unique experiences that will provide our guests with unparalleled access to the world’s most sought-after chefs and sommeliers in truly intimate settings.”
Tickets are on sale now for perennial favorites such as the Grand Tasting at Caesars Palace and Little Italy From City To Strip: Rao’s Italian Brunch with The Rao’s Family at Caesars Palace, as well as new events, including Picnic in The Park, MGM Resorts’ new outdoor dining and entertainment district, Lunch like a Spaniard with José Andrés at The Cosmopolitan, Brunch with Bobby Flay at Caesars Palace, Sweet Escape: An Evening of Buddy, Beignets, Bon Bons & Booze at The Palazzo and Three-Kitchen Tasting at SUGARCANE raw bar grill with Chef Timon Balloo at The Venetian.
“This is the only weekend of the year when this many renowned chefs come together in one destination to host intimate dinners and allow guests from around the world to indulge in an epicurean experience of a lifetime,” said Adam Rapoport, Bon Appétit editor in chief. “With tons of new programming this year, the 11th annual Vegas Uncork’d is definitely going to be the most dynamic one yet.”
Additionally, Chase Sapphire returns for the fifth consecutive year as the presenting sponsor of Vegas Uncork’d by Bon Appétit. Chase Sapphire Preferred® and Sapphire ReserveSMcardmembers can enjoy unique access to select experiences and interaction with celebrity chefs throughout the four-day festival. Cardmember packages will be available for purchase through April 12, 2017, while supplies last. For more information on Sapphire Preferred® and Sapphire Reserve cardmember packages, visit vegasuncorked.com/ChaseSapphire.
Events on sale now include:
New and notable:
- Master Series: Rao’s 10th Anniversary Dinner (Caesars Palace), Thursday, April 27: Rao’s is widely regarded as the hardest reservation to land in the country, if not the world. Guests will have the opportunity to grab a seat at Rao’s in Las Vegas as the Rao’s family celebrates its 10th Anniversary on the Strip and their newest cookbook, “Rao’s Classics,” written by Rao’s owners Frank Pellegrino Sr. and Frank Pellegrino Jr. From time-honored Italian staples to classics that are uniquely Rao’s, like their famous lemon chicken, don’t miss the opportunity to celebrate this milestone with a multi-course meal at an Italian-American dining institution.
- Master Series: The Ultimate Throwback with MR CHOW (Caesars Palace), Thursday, April 27: Celebrate the first Anniversary of the only Las Vegas location of the internationally renowned MR CHOW with a throwback dinner. Michael Chow and Maximillian Chow will lead diners through a menu featuring dishes from the original UK location—now celebrating its 49th anniversary. This spectacular and exotic culinary arena brings guests straight to the front row—for an amplified and theatrical dining experience.
- Quickfire Happy Hour with Chefs Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger (Caesars Palace), Thursday, April 27: Ever wondered what it takes to win a quickfire challenge? Don’t miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to feel like a contestant on a cooking competition show. Put your culinary chops to the test and become part of the action! Guests will divide into teams and compete in a series of quickfire challenges all while enjoying free-flowing cocktails, cool craft beers, and signature Border Grill bites. Celebrity chefs Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger will be on hand to coach the teams and provide participants with top-notch advice before they face the panel of judges.
- Three-Kitchen Tasting at SUGARCANE raw bar grill with Chef Timon Balloo (The Venetian), Thursday, April 27: Kick back, eat well, and stay awhile at SUGARCANE raw bar grill! At this event, sip signature cocktails featuring rum from all over the world, while award-winning Executive Chef & Partner Timon Balloo presents a selection of SUGARCANE’s globally inspired small plates. Enjoy dishes from three kitchen concepts: the open fire grill continues the timeless tradition of cooking over blazing fresh fire fueled by locally-sourced wood; the raw bar dishes are served in both their “classic” form as well as SUGARCANE’S own innovative interpretations; and the traditional kitchen creates dishes that represent Chef Timon Balloo’s signature style – the juxtaposition of bold flavors made for sharing.
- Celebrate Spago: 25th Anniversary Lunch with Wolfgang Puck (Caesars Palace), Friday, April 28: Acknowledged as the spark that ignited the city’s culinary phenomenon, 2017 marks the 25th anniversary of Spago by Wolfgang Puck in Las Vegas! Join the renowned chef and restaurateur as he showcases his favorite dishes and Spago classics. Lunch will begin with a premium cocktail reception, followed by a seated lunch in the dining room.
- Lunch like a Spaniard with José Andrés at Jaleo (The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas), Friday, April 28: Experience a taste of Spain with internationally acclaimed culinary pioneer and innovator, Chef José Andrés. Join José as he prepares lobster paella over their renowned live fire pit in a dish-and-tell session, and shares his favorite stories behind the unique restaurant’s menu items, like José’s Taco, a slice of jamón ibérico de bellota topped with osetra caviar and gold flakes; Coca con Erizas del Mar, crusty Spanish cristal bread topped with sea urchin, ibérico bacon and butter; their renowned Gin and Tonic program, and more.
- The Hog in the Hen House: Yardbird Presents A Pot Belly Brunch (The Venetian), Friday, April 28: From the fried green tomato BLT with house smoked pork belly to maple-glazed bacon doughnuts, Yardbird’s exclusive Pot Belly Brunch will be hog heaven for lovers of all things bacon and pork belly. Enjoy a range of Yardbird’s inventive Southern comfort dishes while sipping on a bloody mary with bacon infused vodka.
- A Movers & Shakers Mixology Journey with Mariena Mercer (The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas), Saturday, April 29: Guests will travel through the iconic bars and lounges of The Cosmopolitan to experience four unique cocktails guided by The Cosmopolitan’s Chef Mixologist Mariena Mercer. Beginning in The Study, tucked inside modern superclub Rose. Rabbit. Lie., guests will be transported to a speakeasy-like atmosphere complete with a record player where guests are invited to play their favorite vinyl. Next, they will journey to Vesper Bar, where classic charm meets a contemporary setting and long-forgotten recipes are the centerpiece of the cocktail menu. CliQue Bar & Lounge is the next stop, where artisanal cocktails and house-made mixers pair with savory bites and shareable plates. Guests will end their journey at The Chandelier, a decadent three-tiered bar and lounge where each level boasts a new experience and cocktail menu.
- Brunch with Bobby Flay at Mesa Grill (Caesars Palace), Saturday, April 29: This event is so popular it has two seatings! Make your way to Mesa Grill for an outstanding morning with one of America’s most beloved chefs. Guests will indulge in an array of delicious brunch dishes prepared by Chef Bobby Flay, served alongside perfectly paired cocktails in an intimate private dining room setting.
- Montecristo Cigar Bar—Up in Smoke (Caesars Palace), Saturday, April 29: Lovers of the old-school Las Vegas vibe will relish in this exclusive event. Guests will gather at the swanky Montecristo Cigar Bar for curated pairings of premier scotches, cigars and mouthwatering bites from Old Homestead.
- Picnic in The Park with Alain Ducasse, Charlie Palmer, Michael Mina, Julian Serrano, Shawn McClain, Roy Ellamar, Akira Back, the Voltaggio Brothers & More (The Park, located between Monte Carlo and New York-New York), Saturday, April 29: Enjoy a Picnic in The Park Vegas style! Featuring live music and some of MGM Resorts’ most notable chefs including Alain Ducasse, Charlie Palmer, Julian Serrano, Michael Mina, Shawn McClain, Roy Ellamar, Akira Back, and the Voltaggio brothers, Picnic in The Park will offer creative twists on classic picnic dishes. We encourage you to embrace your inner-child with coloring books, classic board games and a variety of social games such as foosball, shuffleboard, ping pong and corn hole. And, don’t forget to take a selfie with Bliss Dance, a 40-foot-tall sculpture by artist Marco Cochrane and a focal point of The Park experience. Located on the Las Vegas Strip between Monte Carlo and New York-New York, this new outdoor dining, and entertainment district will provide an ideal backdrop for you to enjoy a fun, interactive afternoon picnicking with celebrated chefs.
EARLY ACCESS: Gain early admission to the event with an Early Access ticket. A limited number of tickets are available to deliver the undivided attention of experts on site, an exclusive signature cocktail available only to early access guests, and an opportunity to interact with the chefs in a more intimate setting.
- Sweet Escape: An Evening of Buddy, Beignets, Bon Bons & Booze (The Palazzo), Saturday, April 29: Buddy “Cake Boss” Valastro hosts a decadent evening to surrender to the sweet side of life, featuring the Chefs of The Venetian and The Palazzo, each preparing a unique take on beignets or bon bons. The poolside reception will include an exciting live band and delicious specialty cocktails. Special appearance by Chef Lorena Garcia of Chica, opening at The Venetian in 2017.
- The Ultimate Big Cake & Craft Cocktail After-Party (The Venetian), Saturday, April 29: Celebrate the evening with an official after-party at the latest hotspot, The Dorsey, with a colossal cake baked by the Cake Boss himself, Buddy Valastro. The Dorsey is a high design, memorable spot for the worldly, curious and engaged featuring a hand crafted cocktail menu.